Friday, July 30, 2010

Has Raina ton queered the pitch for Yuvraj?

It was afterlife that he had Sachin Tendulkar's experience for admonition at the added end back he came out to bat with the aggregation staring at defeat. But what helped Raina grab all his opportunities and account a admission ton was attitude and discipline, qualities his detractors anticipation he lacked.

Having apparent that he is one of the best bigger Indian batsman over the accomplished year, besides actuality the best active on the field, Raina couldn't accept had a added advantageous alpha to his Test career. His performance, though, creates a fresh cephalalgia for the aggregation the added chief Yuvraj. Certainly, India cannot bead Raina now for the abutting Test, starting Tuesday, acceptation Yuvraj, whose Test career has been patchy over the years, ability aloof accept to sit it out.
"There were abounding bodies who anticipation I was not acceptable abundant to comedy at the Test level. I achievement I accept accepted I accept the attitude and the hunger. It was a dream appear accurate for me, to get this opportunity, to be able to bat with addition like Sachin. I'm animated it has formed out well. Hopefully, now there will be added account for my abilities. I apperceive there will be alike tougher challenges advanced and I achievement I get an befalling to impress. There is so abundant achievement appropriate now."

So what did Tendulkar acquaint him back he came in at a acute time? "It was a burden situation," Raina said. "I was activity the fretfulness back we had absent the aboriginal Test. He came up to me and aloof told me to enjoy, to accept my shots wisely, to aloof adhere in there. He said, 'no amount what abroad you do in life, your aboriginal Test will consistently be special, so accomplish it count.' Test candid is about confidence, about cutting it out. It was a huge acquirements ambit for me. I enjoyed it immensely."
It has been a continued wait, and a boxy rite of access for Raina. The Yuvraj question, though, is apprenticed to accost the think-tank now that Raina has accepted he deserves addition go at the Lankans. It will be arbitrary to bead Raina, and arbitrary to accumulate Yuvraj out back he wasn't alone because of bad form. Yuvraj alike got a half-century at Galle. Which way will they tilt?

No comments:

Post a Comment