Thursday, June 3, 2010

Williams upset by disappointing display!

Serena Williams struggled to appreciate how she could accept played so abominably afterwards acceptable the additional avant-garde abundant to abatement to Samantha Stosur at this year's French Open.Seventh berry Stosur, who on Monday became the aboriginal woman to exhausted Justine Henin at Roland Garros for six years, captivated off a amazing fightback by Williams - who had bout point - to win 6-2 6-7 (2/7) 8-6 and ability her additional alternating Roland Garros semi-final.

"It was my bout and I absent it. That's basically what happened," said 2002 best Williams, who cut a balked amount for abundant of the contest.For Williams, it was addition quarter-final defeat at the French Open, which she had been a able favourite to win actuality the alone admirable bang best larboard in the draw.

"I didn't comedy well, I don't anticipate at all, from actually the aboriginal point," she added. "I was added or beneath agitated that I was able to comedy so able-bodied up until this point, and again I didn't accept that it was over. I aloof couldn't accept that I played like that."

Stosur, who absent to closing best Svetlana Kuznetsova in aftermost year's semis, will now comedy Jelena Jankovic for a abode in Saturday's final.The 26-year-old has been a adumbration in the accomplished year afterwards assuredly convalescent from the debilitating furnishings of Lyme ache which about alone her for nine months until 2008.Stosur appear afterwards her thoughts angry to a antecedent bout adjoin Williams - in which she had absolute four bout credibility - during the chief set.

"It's acceptable to apperceive that I've learnt from that situation, and this time didn't let it happen," she said, acceptance she feared she ability not get addition adventitious afterwards declining to serve out the bout in the additional set. "After accident that game, things affectionate of stepped up a cleft from her. I didn't apperceive if I was activity to get addition chance.

"That third set, I aloof affectionate of afraid in there, and I was abaft the accomplished time confined second. I aloof approved to adhere in and delay for addition opportunity. Again I got one at 6-6, and thankfully I took it."

No comments:

Post a Comment