Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Delhi get big guns After Sehwag back

A day after Virender Sehwag threatened to quit the Delhi Ranji team, he got support from his India team mates Gautam Gambhir, Ashish Nehra and Ishant Sharma, who all came out openly in their fight against selection malpractices in the Delhi & District Cricket Association (DDCA).

Sehwag had lashed out against the DDCA administration on Sunday. “It has often happened that four selectors get together and vote for ‘their’ players, leaving the chairman of the committee and me defeated,” he said. “Especially when I am on national duty, they put pressure on the stand-in captains and the interference becomes more rampant.”

On Monday, Gambhir and Nehra also threatened to opt for other states, along with five other senior Delhi Ranji players, including Aakash Chopra and Mithun Manhas if things are not resolved. “I am absolutely behind Sehwag,” Gambhir said. “There’s a need to bring about transparency in the selection process. If things don’t improve, I will not hesitate to move out of Delhi this year itself,” Gambhir told

Ishant echoed Gambhir’s views. “I am in complete support of Virubhai. He’s is absolutely right about selection issues, things can be much better,” he said.

Nehra, meanwhile, said this was probably the DDCA’s last chance to set things right. “The manner in which the DDCA functions, I wouldn’t hesitate for a second to leave Delhi. I think this is the last chance for the association to clean up their mess. For two years, when I was injured, I didn’t hear one word from anyone, and the moment I made my comeback, they are all looking to cash in on me,” he said.

2 comments:

  1. Awesome,
     
    Visit me back at

    Automatic Read More 

    Don't forget leave a comment back, Ok...!??
     
    ________________________________________________________________________
    Thanks.  
    Regard,

    Hitsuke and NarutoFans 

    ReplyDelete
  2. waw,I love your blog,many visitor here,cool...

    ReplyDelete