Saturday, October 3, 2009

Ponting becomes third player to pass 12,000 ODI runs

Ricky Ponting became the third batsman to ability 12,000 one-day international (ODI) runs as he guided Australia to a nine-wicket win over England in Friday's Champions Trophy semi-final.

Passing 12,000 is a nice little accomplishment I assumption but I'll attending at it back I accept accomplished playing," Ponting said at the post-match presentation.

"It is about accomplishing a job back it affairs for the aggregation so I'm blessed I accept been able to do that today," added Ponting.

The 34-year-old, who joins India's Sachin Tendulkar and Sanath Jayasuriya of Sri Lanka in accomplishing the milestone, led from the advanced as Australia accomplished their ambition of 258 with 8.1 overs to spare.

No comments:

Post a Comment